If you’ve been following us for any length of time, you know that one of our passions is changing the conversation around grief.
The death of our daughter Leah in November of 2000, sent each of into our own experience of grief.
In the midst of our turmoil, we didn’t know how to connect with each other.
We felt lost.
We thought our lives were over.
We each had our own epiphany at different times that led us to figure out how to climb out of that deep well of grief.
For Nancy it was after she received a message that said, “Losing Leah is too high a price to pay to not live the life you were meant to live.” She knew that in order to honor her daughter, her grief journey would be about excavating that life.
Dan’s path toward healing began after he found that distraction and diversion was affecting his job and personal relationships. The loss of his daughter caused him to question, “What is next?” and he knew that his grief needed attention.
We each found help when it was the right time for each of us; when we could no longer do things the way we did before.
We have found that to be a guiding factor in when a person is ready to find the help they need to reclaim their life after a loss. When the pain of staying where they are is greater than the ability to stay there. When they discover an urgency to find meaning and purpose again in their lives.
Have you ever felt that way?
Do you want to move through grief, but don’t know where to start?
Do you long to live a meaningful life again, one that honors your loved one?
Are you afraid that if you heal your tender heart that you will forget your loved one?
We have been there. We have answered yes to all of these questions and more, as have the clients we have helped successfully learn how to fully participate in their lives again.
Until now we have worked individually with our clients. We now find ourselves ready to pool our resources and bring our collective wisdom into our new monthly webinar,
Changing the Conversation Around Grief.
We are excited to bring this body of work to you in the form of conversations based upon our over 21 years each, of being grievers, and over 15 years collectively of walking with others on their grief journeys;
We invite you to participate in a 3 month special to our webinar. You will also be added to our safe, private Facebook Group Community to continue the conversation. You will have access to all previous webinars no matter when you join. Here is a list of our monthly topics from when we began our conversations in March of 2022, through December of 2022 and beyond.
March 8, 2022
- Getting Unstuck from Grief
- Types of Grief
April 12, 2022
- We all grieve in our own way.
- Honoring your own grief process
May 10, 2022
- Grief as Transformation
- Additional Resources
June 14, 2022
- Ambiguous Grief- Interview with Stephanie Sarazin, an Experiential Expert in Ambiguous Grief. She will tell her story and answer your questions about ambiguous grief, like what it is, and how you can recognize it.
July 12, 2022
- Sorrows of the World: Skills to nabvigate uncertain times.
- How COVID has changed our lives
August 9, 2022
- What are the Myths of Grief?
- How can we recognize their effect on our lives?
September 13, 2022
- Opening channels of difficult conversations.
- Where do we start?
October 11, 2022
- Navigating the Holidays.
- Can I change my traditions and still honor my loved one?
November 8, 2022
- Interview with funeral director, Heather Hill. Bring your questions.
December 13, 2022
- Presence and Awareness
- Learn how presence can assist us in our daily lives, not only as a way to meet grief.
2023 Topics, dates to be determined.
- Interviews with more people we want you to know.
- Men’s grief
- What to say or not say to friends who are grieving.
- Will I be grieving forever?
- Secondary Losses
- How does grief change you?
- Is is possible to heal after a loss? What does that really mean?
- Other types of grief, job loss, relationship, health changes, etc.
We will continue to add topics based upon the needs of our community, We welcome your thoughts. What would you like us to cover?
When: The second Tuesday of each month at 11 AM Central Time.
Where: On Zoom and in your membership portal.
What: $45 for first 3 months, after that, the cost is $20 per month.
Receive Zoom ink upon payment.
And receive link to your membership portal.
You will have access to the membership portal, and all the monthly videos, and FB group as long as you continue your membership.